This DIY Korean Beef Bowl is ready to go in just minutes. Literally, one of the easiest recipes ever, this bibimbap style dish with bbq bulgogi style ground beef practically makes itself. And the sweet and salty flavors really make your taste buds sing!
If, like me, you’ve every felt bored and uninspired cooking ground beef, this crowd pleaser is for you.
I don’t want to jinx anything but my kids usually fall over themselves trying to get to this dinner...! But no, they won’t eat the chili sauce or the radish - you can’t win them all so it’s fine to leave them off.
If you look at Korean inspired beef bowls online they often contain a lot of salt and sugar. That’s exactly why they taste so completely delicious, of course! I have gone as healthy as I possibly can here whilst maintaining the idea of the dish. Any you’re not going to eat it every night 😉
Why you should try this Korean Beef Bowl
- The flavors in this beef dish are unbeatable.
- It's so quick to pull together and can be on the table in around 20 minutes.
- The beauty of this recipe - and any rice bowl - is that it works with whatever veggies you happen to have.
- Also if you want to go lower carb this beef is just as delicious with quinoa.
Tips For Making Korean Beef Bowls
- This beef freezes well after cooking so feel free to make a double batch and freeze those leftovers.
- For a great extra flavor punch, try seasoning your rice with rice wine vinegar before adding the other ingredients.
- You definitely eat this dish with your eyes! So the more colorful you go with the veggies the better!
Pin This Korean Beef Bowl Recipe For Later
What Do You Think?!
I'd love to know what you think about this recipe! I'd be so grateful if you scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave a star rating and comment.
More Easy Recipe Ideas
Korean Beef Bowl
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 3 cloves Garlic - finely grated
- 2 inch Ginger Root - finely grated
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce - low sodium, gluten free if required
- 1 tsp Sriracha - optional or adjust for taste buds. Plus more to serve
- 4 cups Cooked Rice
- 3 Scallions (Spring Onions) - finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar - optional - to serve
- Asparagus - steamed
- Carrot - shredded
- Radish - sliced thin
- Cucumber - sliced thin
- Heat a large skillet over a medium high heat. Add the sesame oil and ground beef. Stir to crumble the beef and cook until it has all changed color (about 5 minutes)
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir for a minute.
- Stir in the soy sauce, sugar, sriracha (if using) and 2 of the sliced scallions
- Continue to stir over the heat until well combined - around 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice and veggies.
- Top with remaining sliced scallions, sesame seeds and more sriracha plus a sprinkling of rice wine vinegar, if you like.
This recipe was shared with the #cookblogshare community, which this week was hosted by Carrie at Farmer's Girl Kitchen.