You have to try these 3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies. You read it right! With just 3 simple ingredients, these cookies have an unbeatable fudgy center. They are quite simply the easiest cookies you will ever bake.
If you're a fan of Nutella you have to try this recipe.
Also perfect if you're not a natural baker, but like to whip something up with the kids now and then.
These unbelievably easy three-ingredient Nutella cookies are for you.
Great any day of the week, they also make great holiday cookies. Just add different colored sprinkles when decorating, for example green and red sprinkles for Christmas Cookies and orange and black sprinkles for Halloween Cookies.
- Why You'll Love These 3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies
- Nutella Cookie Ingredients
- How to Make Nutella Cookies - Step-By-Step
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Variations & Substitutions for Nutella Cookies
- Tips & Tricks For Making 3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies
- Pin This 3-Ingredient Nutella Cookies Recipe For Later
- What Do You Think?!
- More Easy Sweet Recipe Ideas
- Printable Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies
- Reader Comments & Ratings
Why You'll Love These 3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies
- With only 3 ingredients, these easy cookies are a great bake for older kids to try on their own.
- This Nutella cookie recipe needs no fancy equipment. A bowl and a wooden spoon will work just fine.
- No chill nutella cookies can be prepared in minutes as there is no need to chill the cookie dough first before shaping and baking.
- These are the easiest chocolate cookies you will ever make, so ideal for the novice baker.
- If you love a simple recipe for baking try my Sprinkle Sugar Cookies, Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies, or my favorite Kit Kat Brownies.
Nutella Cookie Ingredients
Find the full list and quantities in the recipe below.
Nutella - I have used Nutella but you can use any variety or brand of Chocolate and Hazelnut spread to make these cookies.
Egg - I like to add a large egg to the cookie dough, as it results in a great textured, fudgy cookie.
Flour - I use all purpose flour (plain flour) to make these cookies.
How to Make Nutella Cookies - Step-By-Step
Find the full printable recipe card below.
This is the ultimate easy cookie recipe!
Preheat the oven and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Stir together the Nutella with the egg until thoroughly mixed. The stir in the flour until fully incorporated.
Roll the dough into 12 golf ball sixed balls and place on the cookie sheet.
Flatten the cookie a little and create a dip but lightly pressing with a small teaspoon or your thumb.
Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes, until they are cooked around the edges and on the underside but still soft in the middle.
Once cool, add more Nutella to the center of each cookie to frost them and serve!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make cookies with nutella and flour?
You can also make Nutella cookies using only nutella and flour. However, these cookies will have a very crunchy texture. Which is why I prefer to add egg to get that deliciously fudgy texture which I enjoy in these cookies.
What is the best way to frost the Nutella Cookies?
These are 3 options for frosting these cookies and they are all fairly straightforward.
- You can just spoon the nutella carefully on to the top of the cookies.
- If you want to be fancy you can use a piping bag for neat and uniform star of Nutella for each cookie.
- Alternatively you can fill a small plastic bag with the extra Nutella, snip off a tiny hole in the corner, and pipe swirls on the top.
How do I know when the Nutella cookies are ready?
You know these cookies are baked when they are cooked around the edges and starting to crack, but are still a little soft in the middle.
What can I do with leftover Nutella?
Nutella is a great tasting chocolate and hazelnut spread that can be used in a variety of different ways.
- For a great tasting breakfast, stir some through my Chocolate Porridge.
- Stir some Nutella through my kitkat brownies batter.
- Serve it with waffles or some Simple French Toast, from Feast Glorious Feast.
- Try making this simple 2 Ingredient Nutella Mousse from Lost in Food.
- Or how about making some Nutella Cupcakes from Curly's Cooking.
Variations & Substitutions for Nutella Cookies
I have used Nutella but any chocolate hazelnut spread will work well here.
For ease, Nutella is also used to frost these chocolate cookies, but you could also add a drizzle of melted chocolate or some chopped hazelnuts.
You could also frost them with some peanut butter, if you're a fan.
Or for a sweet and salty hit, add a small sprinkle of sea salt.
If making holiday cookies, why not add some colored sprinkles along with the frosting.
Tips & Tricks For Making 3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies
Don't be tempted to add more Nutella to the cookie mix as this will result in the cookies becoming oily.
I used a wooden spoon but you could also use a hand mixer or a stand mixer. Just be careful not to over mix the cookie dough or the cookies could become tough.
Don't overcook these cookies, if you want them fudgy they should be set around the outside, but still soft in the center.
Allow the cookies to cool completely before you frost them, otherwise the frosting will melt.
How To Serve Easy Chocolate Cookies
As with most cookies, these go perfectly with a cold glass of milk. They also make a great mid afternoon treat with your favorite cup of tea or coffee.
How To Store Nutella Cookies?
Store these cookies in an airtight container on the counter-top for up to 5 days, assuming they last that long.
How to Freeze Nutella Cookies?
You can also freeze these cookies, so I sometimes like to make a double batch, enjoy some now and freeze some for later.
If freezing the cookies, I recommend doing so before you frost them. Place into an airtight container and place a layer of baking paper between each layer of cookie to stop them from sticking together.
When ready to enjoy, defrost at room temperature and frost with some Nutella just before serving.
Pin This 3-Ingredient Nutella Cookies Recipe For Later
What Do You Think?!
I'd love to know what you think about this recipe! I'd be so grateful if you scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave a star rating and comment.
More Easy Sweet Recipe Ideas
3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies
- ¾ cup Nutella
- 1 large Egg - room temperature
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour (Plain Flour)
- ¼ cup Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/175ºC
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper for easier clean up.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Nutella and the egg with a wooden spoon until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Slowly stir in the flour until it's fully incorporated.
- Pinch off a piece of dough roughly 1 tbsp in size. Roll the dough lightly in your hands into a golf ball size.
- Place on the baking sheet and repeat until you have used all the mixture. You should have 12 cookies.
- Lightly press down on the top of each ball with either a small ½ teaspoon or your thumb, to flatten the cookie slightly and to create a dip for the frosting.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until they are cooked around the edges and on the underside but still soft in the middle.
- Leave the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Top with the extra quarter cup of Nutella - either by carefully spooning or piping a generous dollop into the dip of each cookie.
This post was shared with the #cookblogshare community, which this week was kindly hosted by FarmersGirl Kitchen.