This addictive and utterly delicious 4 Ingredient Sour Cream and Chive Dip is a massive crowd pleaser. Not only is it no bake, it also comes together in a New York Minute. If that's not a winning combination I don't know what is. It's naturally gluten free and vegetarian.
Creamy dip with a sea of chips. Yes it's basic. It's about as basic as it gets. But if you're short of time it's the perfect thing to literally throw together ahead of a party or gathering. And you can always serve it with some healthy colorful crudités for a bit of balance.
Why you should try this 4 Ingredient Sour Cream and Chive Dip
- Dip is one of those recipes which is so easy to make at home. And it's so much better - and less expensive - than store bought.
- It takes less than 5 minutes to make (plus chilling time). Really!
- A lot of store bought dips have artificial nasties in them. Here you know exactly what you're eating (just 4 ingredients too.)
How to make 4 Ingredient Sour Cream and Chive Dip
Full printable recipe with measurements is below.
Get a bowl. Mix together Sour Cream, Mayo, Chives and Sea Salt. Transfer to a serving dish and let it hang out for an hour or two in the fridge.
Sour cream can be substituted on a 1 cup to 1 cup ratio for full fat Greek Yoghurt or Crème Fraiche.
If you're a garlic lover feel free to add a finely grated clove of garlic into the mix.
Tips for making the best 4 Ingredient Sour Cream and Chive Dip
- You must let this dip sit in the fridge for at least an hour to let the flavors mix properly and work their magic.
- This dip can be made up to 24 hours in advance and will taste better the next day.
- It won't taste right if it's not seasoned properly. Add sea salt according to your preference and taste to make sure you're happy.
- Make sure the chives are finely (and fairly evenly) cut.
- I always use kitchen scissors to snip my chives. For me it seems so much faster and easier than using a knife and board and you can hold them right over the bowl.
How To Serve this Sour Cream and Chive Dip
Mine tends to get served with a big 'ole bowl of chips (AKA crisps). I especially love this with Salt and Vinegar Kettle chips.
But its also great with Veggie Crudités, Baked Pita Bread, Potato or Sweet Potato Wedges, Fries and Chicken Wings. Basically if it's dipable it works.
Pin this 4 Ingredient Sour Cream and Chive Dip For Later
What Do You Think?!
I'd love to know what you think about this recipe! I'd be so grateful if you scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave a star rating and comment.
More Easy Appetizer Ideas
4 Ingredient Sour Cream and Chive Dip
- 1 ¼ Cups Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsps Chives, finely cut - Around 2 bunches or packets
- ¼ Tsp Sea Salt
- Place the sour cream and mayonaise in a medium bowl.
- Add the chives and salt.
- Mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Cover and leave in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to 24 hours to let the flavors mix.
- Serve with chips (crisps) crudités and other dipping foods of your choice.
This recipe was shared with the #cookblogshare community, which this week was hosted by Helen at Family Friends Food.