Holiday snacks don't get any easier than these Christmas Pretzel Treats. Deliciously salty pretzels are filled with white chocolate and just a dash of festive sprinkles to finish. Perfect for kids of all ages, visiting Elves on the Shelf and hungry reindeer on Christmas Eve.
These holiday pretzel treats are so fun to make with the kids! As well as making great tasting reindeer feed, humans can snack on these all over the holidays too.
These white chocolate pretzel treats are made with just 3 ingredients and prepared in 10 minutes. Making them the ideal fast snack over the busy festive holidays when we are all running around with a million things to do.
They make a great gift too, for any friends who have young children who need to put out a great tasting snack for Santa and his reindeer.
What Is Reindeer Food?
Reindeer food is an important part of the holidays!
It is what we put out for Santa and his reindeer on Christmas Eve. A lot of reindeer food is full of inedible glitter and other such nasties. This Reindeer Feed is totally safe and can even be left outside for the reindeer as they are safe for the birds too.
Why You Should Make This Christmas Pretzel Treats
- These reindeer snacks are entirely edible and don't contain any non edible glitter so are safe for reindeer and humans alike.
- Prepared in 10 minutes, they can be made by the kids with very little involvement from the adults, other than to supervise melting the chocolate.
- These reindeer treats also make great Elf on the Shelf snacks.
- If you fancy trying some quick and easy fun in the kitchen with the kids this festive holiday then try my Christmas Rocky Road or my Homemade Christmas Cereal.
White Chocolate Pretzel Treats Ingredients
Find the full list and quantities in the recipe below.
White Chocolate - This recipe calls for white chocolate chips but you can use any flavor of chocolate. Don't have chocolate chips? No problem, just break down a regular bar of chocolate into small pieces to make them easier to melt.
Pretzels - Use any variety of small, hard pretzel. I used salted since I like the contrast with the sweet - but you can use unsalted if you prefer.
Sprinkles - You can decorate these chocolate pretzel treats with pretty much anything. I have used festive colored sprinkles. But you can use any holiday themed sprinkles that you have to hand. Or even grate over some dark chocolate.
How to Make Christmas Pretzel Treats
Find the full printable recipe below.
Gently melt white chocolate chips until smooth.
Using a teaspoon, drop small pieces of the melted chocolate on a parchment lined baking tray.
Press a pretzel into each blob of chocolate.
Sprinkle over holiday themed sprinkles and refrigerate until set.
Why are chocolate pretzels so good?
These white chocolate pretzel treats are the perfect balance of sweet and salty flavors. The salt in the pretzels enhances the sweet white chocolate.
Variations of White Chocolate Christmas Pretzel Treats
- Swap the white chocolate for milk, dark chocolate, chocolate orange, chocolate mint - whatever flavor of chocolate you enjoy eating.
- Why not try a blend of 50% semi sweet and 50% milk chocolate?
- Don't limit yourself to just one flavor of chocolate - dip half your pretzels in white chocolate, the other half in dark chocolate.
- You can dip the entire pretzel in chocolate if you want to and just finish with festive colored holiday sprinkles.
- I have used the traditional knot shaped pretzels, but you could also use the stick shaped pretzels too.
Tips For Making Holiday Pretzels
- Get all the ingredients out ready to start as once the chocolate has melted. You need to work quickly with the pretzels and holiday sprinkles before the chocolate starts to harden.
- Line a sheet pan to place the melted chocolate and pretzels on for easier clean up.
- When storing the chocolate pretzels, I recommend placing parchment paper or paper towels between the layers to stop the reindeer treats from sticking together.
How long can I store Christmas Pretzel Treats
Once made and the chocolate has set, these holiday pretzel treats can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
Pin This White Chocolate Christmas Pretzel Treats Recipe For Later
What Do You Think?!
I'd love to know what you think about this recipe! I'd be so grateful if you scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave a star rating and comment.
More Easy Holiday Recipe Ideas
White Chocolate Christmas Pretzel Treats
- 1 cup White Chocolate - chopped or chips
- 2 cups Mini Pretzels
- 3 tbsp Holiday Themed Sprinkles - plus more for serving
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper for easier clean up.
- Melt the white chocolate either in the microwave on high stirring every 30 seconds until melted or in a medium bowl over a barely simmering saucepan with an inch of water in it.
- Using a teaspoon, drop quarter sized pieces of melted chocolate onto the parchment paper.
- Press a pretzel into each blob of chocolate and then add your favorite sprinkles.
- Repeat until all the chocolate and all the pretzels are used.
- Refrigerate on pan for 1 hour until set.Alternatively for faster chilling, place in freezer for 30 minutes until firm.