This White Bean & Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner is a the ultimate easy meal which the whole family will love. Everything roasts on one pan for all the taste but less dishes. There's also very little chopping required. If you're always in a hurry at dinner time read on.
One tray, eight ingredients, 5/5 family members fed. That’s a rare winning ticket in our house.
This crowdpleaser has got it all. Sausages roasted to perfection, protein power from the beans, plus caramelized vegetables and tomatoes all brought together by a herby olive oil dressing.
Recipe Tips for making the best White Bean & Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- Any sausages your family like will work well here (I used English style bangers but something with more herbs or spices are great too.)
- This is wonderful served with English mustard for some extra kick.
- If you feel like you need some more carbs then buttery mashed potatoes are also a wonderful accompaniment.
- To make clean-up even easier line the sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- If you don't have shallots, onions will work nicely.
- Switch out the English style bangers for Italian sausages.
- Mix up the veggies - chopped zucchini (aka courgette) or mushrooms are also great.
- Other canned beans also work nicely here - navy beans, black beans or butter beans make a great substitution.
What to serve with a Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
As the name suggests, the beauty of this meal is that you can serve it without any accompaniment. If you do want to add something a simple green salad with a lemon and olive oil vinaigrette goes really well.
Pin This White Bean & Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe For Later
What Do You Think?!
I'd love to know what you think about this recipe! I'd be so grateful if you scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave a star rating and comment.
Don't forget to go over to Facebook and Instagram and make sure you're following me so you can join in the chat. And remember to save this recipe to your Pinterest too!
More Easy Recipe Ideas
White Bean & Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- 8 Sausages - I used good quality English style pork bangers
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Shallots - peeled and quartered
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes - halved
- 1 Bell Pepper - red or yellow, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup or Honey - optional but adds a nice mellow sweetness
- 1 16oz can Cannellini Beans - drained
- 5 sprigs Thyme
- 1 tbsp Sherry Wine Vinegar - optional
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper - to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F/200°C
- Roast the shallots in olive oil for 10 minutes on a sheet pan (or baking tray) until they start to soften.
- Place the sausages on top and roast for a further 20 minutes. Season everything well.
- Add the tomatoes, peppers, maple syrup and thyme springs. Toss and roast a further 8 minutes.
- Stir through the cannellini beans and return to oven for final 5 minutes or until beans are warmed through.
- Optional: for a more grown up flavor stir through a splash of sherry vinegar before serving.
- Serve immediately.
Katy Pymm says
Huge hit for the family! Added bonus was the one dish to clean😄
Jo Keohane says
Lot of love for the one dish meals 😉 Thanks so much Katy and so glad they loved it.