This Spring Pesto Prosciutto Pasta is a one pot wonder packed with green veggies and flavored with the unbeatable combination of pesto and prosciutto. More than just a pretty face, it only takes 15 minutes from start to finish! And because it involves pesto, naturally it's kiddo approved too!
These flavors really are a taste of Italy at home. If you can't be eating in a piazza in the sunshine, this is the next best thing.
If you want to use Fresh Pesto you absolutely can. I used jarred since it's so convenient and midweek that is what I'm all about.
It's worth remembering that if you have a jar of pesto and some pasta in the house you always have the beginnings of a great and fast dinner.
Why you should make this Easy Pesto Pasta
- This is just a super easy recipe to have in your midweek recipe arsenal and will be made on repeat.
- It's great to cut a bowl of pasta with some fresh and tasty veggies!
- This recipe is super flexible and you can use whatever you have in the house to make it.
- Its a one pot - which means less stress and dishes for the chef.
How to make Pesto Prosciutto Pasta
A full recipe card with measurements is below.
This could not be easier. Boil the pasta in salted water. Throw the veggies in the pasta water at the end to cook too for less dishes. Drain. Stir through a generous amount of pesto and drape in delicious slices of prosciutto. Serve immediatley.
Tips For Making this Spring Vegetable Pasta
- Obviously feel free to leave out the prosciutto if you’d prefer or if some family members are vegetarian.
- For a creamier version of this try stirring through a spoonful of creme fraiche after the pesto and before you add the prosciutto.
- Grated parmesan is a great addition too - of course.
- You can use fresh pesto or buy it in a jar. I love to use my easy homemade Kale Pesto.
Pin This Pesto Prosciutto Pasta Recipe For Later
What Do You Think?!
I'd love to know what you think about this recipe! I'd be so grateful if you scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave a star rating and comment.
More Easy One Pot Recipe Ideas
Pesto Prosciutto Pasta
- 16 oz Spaghetti - or any other pasta
- 2 cups Green Beans - or broccoli, sugar snaps, edamame
- 1 cup Peas - frozen is fine
- ½ cup Pesto, jarred or fresh - Use more or less depending on your preference
- 8 slices Prosciutto
- Fresh Basil or Mint Leaves - optional to serve
- Boil the pasta in a large heavy bottom pan according to packet instructions.
- For the last 3 minutes of cooking throw in the beans or other veggies and the peas.
- Turn off the heat and drain the pasta and veggies.
- Transfer everything back to the pan and stir through pesto.
- Lay slices of prosciutto over the top.
- Serve straightaway, with fresh basil or mint if you have any.