There are 5 ingredients in this delicious Chicken Fajita Sheet Pan dish. Juicy chicken and seasoned veggies are baked together then finished with your family's favorite toppings. If you love dinners which are ready in under 30 minutes read on!
This recipe is a regular in our house. I put the baked chicken fajitas in the oven while I collect all the accompaniments to load onto the wraps. That way everyone can build their own and there's less chance of any complaints!
Fajitas are a Tex-Mex dish, originating in Texas in the 1930's. This simple fajitas recipe is full of the same colorful flavors and is super easy to prepare.
Why You Should Make This Chicken Fajita Sheet Pan Dish?
- This is a great mid week dinner that packs a real flavor punch. It can be prepared and on the table in 30 minutes.
- Kids love eating any food served in a wrap. These easy fajitas have even the fussiest of eaters coming back for seconds.
- You can also leave out the spices for the naysayers. Or better yet, cook one side of the pan with spices and one without, then everyone is happy.
- Between the sheet pan veggies and the extra toppings this is a fun way to pack vegetables into your diet.
- You'll be even happier when the time comes to do the dishes - only one sheet pan.
- Love these flavors? Then try my Oven Quesadillas with Black Bean & Sweet Potato, another popular dish with all the family.
How to Make Chicken Fajita Sheet Pan?
Find the full printable recipe with measurements below.
Drizzle the sliced chicken and onion with olive oil and sprinkle over the spices and season well. Bake for 10 minutes.
Add the sliced peppers and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile warm the tortillas in the oven and prepare your favorite toppings.
Stuff the chicken and veggies in the warm tortillas, add the toppings and serve!
How To Serve Easy Fajitas:
Whilst this simple fajitas recipe is packed full of flavor, we all know it's the toppings that take this dish to the next level.
This recipe is so versatile you can use whatever you have lurking in the fridge. I like to set everything out in dishes and let everyone make fill their tortilla their own way.
Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- grated cheese
- shredded lettuce
- sliced scallions
- fresh or pickled jalapenos
- lime wedges
- avocado or guacamole
- sour cream or yogurt
- hot sauce
- Sour Cream & Chive Dip
Are Fajitas Spicy?
Fajitas do not need to be spicy, you can add as much or as little spice to the mix as you want. This simple fajita recipe uses ground cumin and chili powder, but its entirely optional and you can leave it out if you prefer (or if you're cooking for small children).
Variations of Baked Chicken Fajitas:
- This recipe uses chicken breast, but you can replace that with chicken thighs or legs if you prefer.
- Like chili heat but the kids don't? Simply leave the chili powder out of the mix and instead place some hot sauce or pickled jalapenos on the table so the adults can add to their own wrap.
- To add a little smoky flavor to the fajitas, add a teaspoon of smoked paprika with the other spices.
- Following a low carb diet? No problem. Replace the wraps with a large lettuce leaf for holding the chicken and veggies. Alternatively the meat, veggies and toppings are also great loaded onto a bowl of dressed greens.
- These fajitas are just as good with flour or corn tortillas - your choice!
What Protein is Best for Baked Fajitas?
My simple fajita recipe is very adaptable so you can use pretty much any protein - just adjust the cooking times accordingly. I have used chicken, but you can use beef or pork too. Use a whole cut of steak, like a sirloin. Or if using pork I would suggest pork tenderloin.
Fish is also a great substitute in this dish for a lighter option. A firm and flaky fish like salmon or cod would be ideal.
For a vegetarian option replace the meat with extra firm tofu or halloumi instead.
Tips For Making the best Chicken Fajita Sheet Pan Dish:
- Line the sheet pan with parchment paper to cut down on the washing up and avoid any scrubbing.
- Feeding a crowd - no problem. This recipe can easily be double or quadrupled if necessary. It's so quick and easy you'll have everyone tucking in in no time.
How To Reheat Baked Chicken Fajitas?
If you need to reheat chicken fajitas, place them in a skillet on the stove over a medium heat until the chicken is hot and warmed through.
However, any leftovers can be served cold and make a great tasting sandwich the next day. They're even better if you have some leftover guacamole and salsa too.
Pin This The Easiest Ever Chicken Fajita Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe For Later
What Do You Think?!
Scroll to the comments section and let me know what you think about the recipe. Did you try it? Did you adapt it? Did you love it?
More Sheet Pan Dinner Ideas
The Easiest Ever Chicken Fajita Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Chicken Breasts - sliced into half inch strips
- ½ Red Onion - sliced into thin strips
- 1 Red Pepper - sliced into thin strips
- 1 Orange Pepper - sliced into thin strips
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
Optional - Depending on Family Tastebuds
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 8 Wheat Tortillas - or corn
- Avocados - sliced
- Sour Cream
- Scallions (Spring Onions) - sliced
- Fresh Cilantro (Coriander)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/210°C
- Place the sliced chicken and onions on sheet pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the cumin and/or chili powder if using. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Move the pieces around in the tray and add the sliced peppers.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes or until chicken cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm in the oven for the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Serve the chicken and peppers in the warmed tortillas with your favorite fixings.
This recipe was shared with the #cookblogsharecommunity which this week was kindly hosted by Karen at www.lavenderandlovage.com