These 3 ingredient Fruity Frozen Yogurt Bites with a crunchy granola base take just minutes to prepare and are easily adapted to your favorite fruity flavors. They're a perfect healthy make-ahead breakfast the whole family will love.
We are always trying to find more easy whole food breakfasts in my house. And these crunchy and fruit granola yoghurt bites are loved by kids and adults alike.
These are a genuinely healthy breakfast option and a great way to get your family eating more fruit without even noticing.
You start with a layer of granola, then top it with your favorite Greek yogurt and whatever fresh fruits you have at the time. They're so easy you don't really need a recipe! But I've attached one anyway, just in case.
Why You Should Make These Frozen Yogurt Bites
- Not only are these quick to prepare, they make a super fast grab-and-go breakfast or a tasty and filling snack for the kids any time of the day.
- Made with natural ingredients, these frozen yogurt bites can be eaten straight from the freezer.
- From the type of yogurt and fresh fruit to the granola, this recipe can be easily adapted to suit your own tastes.
- If you have children who aren't great at eating breakfast, the novelty value of these little treats might just tempt them.
- You can also involve the kids and let them make their own yoghurt bites - that way they can layer up their own favorite flavors.
- If you want to make your own granola it couldn't be easier. Try my Coconut Oil Granola or even quicker my 10 Minute Stovetop Granola, both vegan and refined sugar free.
Frozen Yogurt Bites Ingredients
Find the full list and quantities in the recipe below.
Granola - use any variety of granola that you enjoy eating. Or try making your own granola using the recipes I've linked above. They're easy to follow, vegan and refined sugar free.
Yogurt - I like to use Greek yogurt but this dish is super versatile so any flavor yogurt will work in my frozen fruit yogurt bites.
Fresh Fruit - add the fresh fruit that you enjoy eating and have in your kitchen. Fruit quantities for this recipe are rough, so adapt to suit depending on the fruit you use. Fresh berries; mango; pineapple; peaches; apricots - the list is endless.
How to Make Frozen Yogurt Bites with Granola
Find the full printable recipe below.
It is so simple!
Sprinkle granola into a lined mini cupcake pan.
Spoon in the yogurt and top with fresh fruit.
And freeze until frozen (for at least 4 hours). Thats it!
How do I stop the yogurt from sticking to the pan?
There is always the risk of the yogurt sticking to the sides of the pan. So I like to use mini cupcake cases which are easily peeled away when you are ready to eat.
Can I make bigger yogurt bites?
This easy recipe for crunchy granola yogurt bites is easily adapted if you prefer to make larger sized yogurt bites. Replace the mini cupcake pan with a regular cupcake or muffin pan and line with the appropriate sized paper liners.
Variations of Fresh Fruit Yogurt Bites
This is an easily adapted recipe and I recommend that you fill them with the flavors you enjoy eating. However, here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- raspberries and blueberries with Greek yogurt
- pineapple and strawberries with coconut yogurt
- mango and passion fruit with coconut yogurt
- blackberries with lemon yogurt
- peaches or apricot with vanilla yogurt
- strawberries with strawberry yogurt
You could also add some mini chocolate chips to the fruit topping for an extra treat.
Tips For Making Frozen Yogurt Bites
- Line the cupcake pan with mini cupcake liners to stop them from sticking to the sides once frozen.
- For best results, allow the fruity yogurt bites to freeze overnight.
- Once frozen, remove the yogurt bites from the pan into an airtight container with a tight fitting lid and place the container back in the freezer.
How To Serve Frozen Yogurt Bites?
Once made and frozen, these great tasting granola and yogurt bites can be enjoyed straight from the freezer. Just set aside for a few minutes before serving to allow them to soften a little.
If serving for breakfast, I like to add some extra fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
How Long will Fresh Fruit Yogurt Bites keep?
Once frozen, these yogurt and granola bites will store in the freezer for 1-2 months. Ready for a quick breakfast or snack any time you need.
Pin This Fruity Frozen Yogurt Bites with Crunchy Granola Recipe For Later
What Do You Think?!
Scroll to the comments section and let me know what you think about the recipe. Did you try it? Did you adapt it? Did you love it?
More Easy Breakfast Recipe Ideas
Fruity Frozen Yogurt Bites with Crunchy Granola
- 1 cup Granola
- 2 cups Yogurt - use your favorite flavor
- 1 cup Fresh Fruit - e.g. 12 raspberries & 12 blueberries
- Line a mini cupcake pan with 12 paper cases.
- Sprinkle the bottom of each case with granola.
- Spoon your favorite Greek or fruity yogurt on top of the granola until the paper case is almost full.
- Split the fresh fruit evenly over the top. Press into the yogurt very gently if it doesn't sink in a little on it's own.
- Freeze for a minimum of four hours or ideally overnight then serve!