This tasty Pea Guacamole & Egg Tostada is a great twist on avocado toast. I use it to top this Mexican style breakfast egg tostada which will get your day off to a perfect start. Just 5 ingredients and ready in minutes - who needs cereal?
If your breakfast involves avocado your day is off to a good start, no doubt about it.
I keep a collection of non cereal breakfast ideas which my kids will actually eat and this is near the top of the list. Just 5 ingredients and ready in minutes - perfect for a healthy start to the day.
As if avocado wasn’t already green enough the peas add a lovely vibrancy here and definitely keep you fuller for longer. They’re full of gut loving fibre too.
Tips to Make This Easy Pea Guacamole & Egg Tostada for Breakfast
- Tostada is basically any tortilla - wheat or corn which is then fried or baked so it goes warm and crispy! I used wheat but either is fine, use whatever you prefer.
- If your tortillas are a few days old try brushing them with water before warming. It will help bring them back to life.
- Seasoning is key when making guacamole! Don’t over season but try to taste as you go along to make sure you add enough salt.
Pin This Pea Guacamole & Egg Tostada Recipe For Later
What Do You Think?!
Scroll to the comments section and let me know what you think about the recipe. Did you try it? Did you adapt it? Did you love it?
More Easy Recipe Ideas
Pea Guacamole & Egg Tostada
- 4 Small Tortillas
- 1 cup Peas - I used frozen
- 2 Avocados - ripe!
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil - optional for frying
- Sea Salt - to taste
- Cook the peas in boiling water then drain. This should only take a couple of minutes in salted boiling water.
- Remove the avocado skin and stone then mash the avocado flesh with the drained peas, lemon and salt
- Toast your tortillas in a dry frying pan (no oil) for around 30 seconds each side. Keep warm in foil while you coop the eggs.
- Meanwhile fry the eggs in a non stick pan over a medium heat. Use a little olive oil if you wish.
- Schmear the tortillas with the avocado pea mixture.
- Carefully top each with fried egg. Season. Reach for hot sauce if desired. Enjoy!