Homemade Honey Roasted Cashews are an addictively good snack that can be made in minutes. Honey and butter are melted together to coat the raw cashew nuts, which are then roasted in the oven. Finish with a sprinkle of sugar and sea salt for that perfect sweet and savory flavor combination.
These honey roasted cashew nuts are a cinch to make and much better than a store bought version, which are often far too sweet.
As well as crunch, these easy honey roasted cashews have the perfect combination sweet and salty flavor that we all look for in a snack.
It's impossible to overstate how good your kitchen smells whilst these are being made.
A good source of protein, this delicious snack not only tastes great, but they make a great gift for the holidays. Put them into mason jars and gift them to friends.
- Why You'll Love This Honey Roasted Cashew Recipe
- Honey Cashews Ingredients
- How to Make Homemade Honey Roasted Cashews - Step-By-Step
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Variations & Substitutions for Honey Glazed Cashews
- Tips & Tricks For Making Easy Honey Roasted Cashews
- Pin This Honey Roasted Cashews Recipe For Later
- What Do You Think?!
- More Easy Snack Recipe Ideas
- Printable Recipe
- Honey Roasted Cashews
- Reader Comments & Ratings
Why You'll Love This Honey Roasted Cashew Recipe
- These delicious honey roasted cashews are a healthy snack full of fiber and a great alternative to chips and crisps.
- This is a versatile recipe, I've used cashews, but feel free to swap for any other raw nut.
- Making your own snacks means you know exactly what you are flavoring them with - no artificial additives or preservatives here.
- This simple family favorite snack takes minutes to prepare and can be cooked in just 20 minutes.
- Love, easy snacks, try these:
Honey Cashews Ingredients
Find the full list and quantities in the recipe below.
Cashews - I like to use raw nuts since they are healthier, you can control the seasoning and you know they don't contain inflammatory oils.
Honey - Since you melt the honey you can use any variety, but I find clear honey works best.
Sugar - I use a teaspoon of regular granulated sugar to sweeten the nuts once they are cooked, they add great crunch too. You can cut back on the sugar if you prefer.
Sea Salt - I season the nuts with sea salt, both in the honey mixture, plus a little extra to garnish once the nuts have roasted.
How to Make Homemade Honey Roasted Cashews - Step-By-Step
Find the full printable recipe below.
Combine honey and butter in a small bowl and heat in the microwave or use a small saucepan on the stove. Keep stirring until melted and combined.
Place raw cashew nuts on a lined sheet pan and pour over the melted honey and butter mixture. Toss until evenly coated then spread into a single layer on the tray.
Bake for 10 minutes in a pre-heated oven then turn and bake for a further 5 to 10 minutes. It is important to watch them carefully as they burn easily at this stage. .
Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the salt and sugar.
If they stick together as they cool, just break them apart with your hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are honey roasted cashews healthy?
Homemade honey roasted cashews are healthy as you know what goes into them. Nuts are full of protein, fiber and healthy fats so they make a delicious and nutritious snack. The sweetness comes from honey and just a touch of unrefined sugar for added crunch, which you can leave out if you prefer.
Can I use other nuts for this recipe?
Cashews are my favorite nut but yes, absolutely, this recipe works with other nuts. Try this recipe with almonds, hazelnuts, macadamias, pecans, peanuts, Brazil nuts, or try a mix of different nuts.
How do I stop honey roasted nuts from burning?
Firstly, line the baking sheet with parchment paper and spread them out in an even layer. Also toss the nuts mid way through the cook to stop them from sticking.
As the nuts heat up they can burn, so keep an eye on them in the oven, particularly towards the end. Remove them if you think they are starting to catch.
Variations & Substitutions for Honey Glazed Cashews
I like to use raw nuts since they are healthier and you know they don't contain inflammatory oils.
You can use roasted cashews but these don't take as long to cook. Also reduce the salt right down since they will already be salted.
Almonds also work well here, as will other raw nuts, including peanuts, hazelnuts and pecans.
Add some vanilla extract to the warm honey mixture.
If you like nuts with a hint of spice, add cayenne pepper for a hot kick, or some warming spices like ground cinnamon or nutmeg.
Add more or less sugar depending on your taste - although it does add a nice crunchy texture.
Tips & Tricks For Making Easy Honey Roasted Cashews
Take time to properly mix the nuts in the honey mixture and ensure each nut is well coated.
Always line the baking sheet with parchment paper, this stops the nuts from sticking and makes wash up a whole lot easier.
Lay the nuts out in a single layer in the tray, and always toss mid way through the cook. This ensures a crunchier nut.
Don't walk away from the oven, keep an eye on the nuts, particularly towards the end of the cook, to ensure they don't burn.
Finishing the nuts with some granulated sugar and sea salt, gives you the perfect sweet and salty snack.
How To Serve Honey Coated Cashews?
Honey roasted cashews are a great healthy snack, carry a small bag with you, they are perfect for that mid afternoon dip.
Enjoy these sweet and slightly salty roasted cashews with drinks over the festive holiday, they are perfect with a glass of something sparkling.
How To Store Honey Coated Cashews?
Store these honey roasted cashews in an air-tight container at room temperature. They will keep in an airtight container or sealed mason jar for up to 2 weeks.
Don't be tempted to store nuts in the refrigerator as they will soften and become chewy.
Pin This Honey Roasted Cashews Recipe For Later
What Do You Think?!
I'd love to know what you think about this recipe! I'd be so grateful if you scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave a star rating and comment.
Don't forget to go over to Facebook and Instagram and make sure you're following me so you can join in the chat. And remember to save this recipe to your Pinterest too!
More Easy Snack Recipe Ideas
Honey Roasted Cashews
- 4 cups Whole Raw Cashews - see note below
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Sea Salt - plus extra for garnish
- 1 tsp Sugar - halve for less sweetness
- Preheat the oven to 200°c / 400ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easier clean up.
- In a small bowl combine the honey and butter and microwave in 30 second increments until melted. You can also do this step in a small saucepan on the stove, stirring until melted.
- Place the nuts on the lined sheet pan and pour over the melted honey and butter mixture.
- Toss with a spatula to make sure the mixture is evenly coating the nuts.
- Spread the nuts out in a single layer on the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out the oven, toss or turn with a spatula and place back in for 5-10 minutes (watch the nuts carefully as they can burn quickly once they get hot!)
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the salt and sugar.
- If they stick together just break them apart when they're cool.
Jo Keohane says
Hi Jayne, so glad you liked this recipe, thanks for commenting!